De Blasio Blasts MTA Over Congestion Pricing Delays – CBS New York

0

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Mayor Bill de Blasio is upping the pressure on the MTA to make progress on congestion pricing.

Mayor Bill de Blasio holds a fake $15 billion check while calling on the MTA to move forward with congestion pricing on July 20, 2021. (credit: CBS2)

The mayor presented the MTA with a fake $15 billion check Tuesday, saying that implementing congestion pricing would effectively invest that same amount into the city’s mass transit.

READ MORE: Family: Woman Still In Critical After Being Knocked Down Stairs During Subway Robbery Attempt

“If we want to fix the horrible flooding that we saw last week? If we want to make sure the signals are fixed so the trains actually can move? If you want modern stations, here it is, staring us in the face,” de Blasio said.

Watch: Mayor Bill de Blasio Calls On MTA To Move Forward With Congestion Pricing

READ MORE: Frustration Grows As Tri-State Area Air Travelers Run Into Nightmare Problems Getting To Destinations

The mayor says congestion pricing, which would charge drivers entering Manhattan below 60th Street, we also free Midtown from gridlock and help the planet.

De Blasio wants the MTA to name appointees to the Traffic Mobility Review Board, and finish the environmental review on the impacts of congestion pricing.

MORE NEWS: Jeff Bezos Blasts Off On Blue Origin Space Flight

The MTA says they will respond with a statement later today.

Source

Comments are closed.