While everyone knows Margaret Cho is multitalented (she counts actress, comedian, musician, author and fashion designer among her many job titles, after all!), there’s a lot that even the biggest fans don’t know about the Good on Paper actress.
The San Francisco native first shot to fame in the mid-’90s after creating and starring in the ABC sitcom All-American Girl. As the years went on, she proceeded to cement herself as a stand-up comedy great. On top of her impressive resume, the I’m the One That I Want author is a committed humanitarian and staunch supporter of women, Asian Americans and the LGBTQA+ community.
From her baking hobby to her allergies and favorite carb combo, the former podcast host sat down with Us Weekly to share a plethora of interesting tidbits about herself.
Ready to learn more about the comedian? Keep scrolling to learn 25 things about Cho:
1. I bake great bread, and bring it to friends.
2. I’m actually Chinese, which I found out after many years of believing I was fully Korean.
3. I speak Korean pretty well.
4. Lisa Ling and I are cousins.
5. I used to be in a children’s singing group before I started doing stand-up at 14.
6. I’m extremely allergic to dust mites so I vacuum every few hours when I’m at home.
7. I only have nine toenails.
8. I use about 10 different mosquito repellents because they will eat me alive [otherwise].
9. Vegemite is a huge part of my flavor obsessions. It’s so savory.
10. I listen to podcasts, music or audiobooks [nonstop] when I’m not working. The only time I’m silent is during meditation.
11. I talk to my cats and dogs all day long about what we are listening to.
12. I think pasta and French fries are good together.
13. I have fed a rhino pieces of apple by hand at the zoo.
14. I’m scared of snakes, but I went to a reptile convention and totally fell in love with them.
15. I love to eat croissants, but they make a huge mess.
16. I’m extremely allergic to squid and octopus.
17. My comedy partner for my early performances was Sam Rockwell.
18. I once studied to be a raw vegan chef.
19. Friendly House is my favorite charity. I am involved in many of their events.
20. My favorite color is all the colors!
21. I really love animals and have cared for rescue dogs for nearly 30 years.
22. I learned to give my cat intramuscular injections — and she doesn’t even get mad at me about it!
23. I’m trying to only wear sustainable fashion, whether it’s upcycled clothing, secondhand, vintage or even my own things. I have worn certain pieces for decades.
24. I have extremely short pinky fingers which alters my fingering on the guitar and piano.
25. Many of my tattoos are unfinished because they just hurt too much!
Listen to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!